For a glowing healthier looking skin it is very essential to keep in mind various aspects of skin care. Everyone has different skin type and so their needs are also different. For your convenience we have separated this article into various sub sections. Feel free to skip to the section that you need.
a. Beauty tips according to your skin tone
Before adopting a beauty regime it is very important to be familiar with your skin tone as different skin types have different needs and problems.
1. For Dry Skin
Having dry skin is not at all easy as it demands a lot of attention and care. It can be very irritating and painful especially during winters and extremely cold weather. It needs proper care otherwise it can be very uncomfortable.
Some of the problems faced by people with dry skin on face include dullness and extreme dryness. The skin may seem fine textured but truly the surface is flaky and may have granulated patches especially around eyes, forehead and corners of mouth. Negligence may result in forming premature wrinkles.
Tips to follow:
- Do not shower with extremely hot water
- Apply ample amount of moisturizer
- Always use soft towel to pat dry your skin
2. For Oily Skin
This is the most difficult type of skin type to take care of. The problems are numerous but if proper attention is given to the skin, results can be a breath taking glowing skin.
Oily skin is mostly coarse, appears dull because of over production of oil on skin and shows enlarged pores. Because of this the skin appears to have a sheen of oil and grease on it which in turn results in pimples, black and white heads, acne, dark spots and blemishes.
Tips to follow:
- Avoid junk and oily foods have a diet where you get to eat lots of raw vegetables and fruits.
- Keep your face clean always as it helps in decreasing the oily substance from the face and lowers the risk of acne.
3. For Combined Skin
Combine skin type features qualities of both, dry and oily skin type. This mix may include characteristics of oily skin i.e.: having large pores, a layer of sheen, especially on T zone, breakouts and acne combined with characteristics of dry skin which are, redness on cheeks, coarse skin, flakiness and itching.
The troubles faced by this skin type totally depend on the skin type which is more dominant and the condition of weather. Your hormones play a vital role in deciding your skin type, especially the oily skin.
Tips to follow:
- Use moisturizer on your face according to the dominant skin type because large amount of moisturizer may cause problems in the T zone of your face and could cause breakouts and extra sheen on the area while using less amount of moisturizer may give you flaky skin and dry itchy patches on your cheeks.
- Keep your skin clean all the time to avoid getting infections.
- Keep looking for a perfect moisturizer that suits your skin type perfectly and once you find it never change it.
b. Beauty tips for daily routine
Regardless of what your skin type is, one thing we all agree upon is to keep your skin clean no matter how busy you are, you must follow your daily beauty routine to keep your skin alive and vibrant. Cleaning and removing of dirt and dead skin cells is very important. You must make sure that the pores are deep cleansed and closed. This procedure includes cleansing, scrubbing, exfoliating, toning and moisturizing. Following are some beauty tips which can be used to make your face look younger and beautiful.
1. Tips for cleansing:
Whenever you go out your skin is exposed to heavy pollution, dust and smoke which results in making our face to look dull, dry and lifeless. The process of cleansing makes sure that all that grime is ripped off of your face and helps in maintaining its radiance. You may experiment with few products to find out one product which suites you the best.
2. Tips for exfoliating:
The process of exfoliating makes sure that your skin is clean and there is no residue of dead skin cells on it. Simply cleansing and moisturizing will never be able to do the trick alone. To make cleansing work you must make sure to exfoliate your skin few times in a month. It will give your skin a healthy glow and will make it smooth. You must scrub your skin as per the demand of your skin type for example oily skin needs more scrubbing as compared to dry skin. Otherwise exfoliating and scrubbing once in a week is necessary.
3. Tips for toning:
People frequently inquire about the importance of toning. Well, it is as important as cleansing and moisturizing your skin. People fail to realize that toning is also an important component of cleansing the skin. Toner actually helps in removing the oil and dirt left by cleanser and most importantly it helps in soothing, nourishing, and hydrating the skin. It also restores the delicate pH balance of your face.
4. Tips for moisturizing:
Moisturizing is very important, regardless of your skin type; it helps in keeping your skin hydrated. It is a vital component of skin care and helps in keeping your skin from flaking. It decreases the early signs of aging. Moisturizing is equally important for the people with oily skin. A very common misconception about oily skin is that it gets enough moisture from the produced oil which is not true. You must choose a gel based moisturizer and use it regularly.
c. Beauty tips for lighter skin tone
- Natural skin color cannot be changed unless one undergoes complete skin transplantation, which is very expensive. But what you can do is that you can make it look radiant and younger. Following are some easy homemade remedies which will help you in your quest for brighter skin tone.
- Vitamin C is really good for the skin and the most common source of it includes oranges, lemons and limes. These are easy available all over the world. A glass or orange juice or a glass of lemonade will do the trick just right.
- Include vegetables and fruits with vitamin A in your diet such as watermelons, carrots, papaya, condensed milk, sea food and egg yolks. The beta carotene in the food helps your skin and makes it vibrant.
- The UVA and UVB rays from sun can damage your skin and may cause skin cancer. Make sure to slather on a good amount of sunscreen on your face and neck.
- Scrub your body with some natural scrubs such as honey and sugar. Massage your skin with the mixture of honey and sugar. Here sugar works as an indicator and you should stop scrubbing when the sugar granules are dissolved completely.
- Take up exercise and keep yourself stress free, active and young
- Drink plenty of water daily approximately 6 glasses of water in a day and if you are living in a place with hot and humid weather make sure that you drink up to 8-10 glasses of water in a day.
- Have a full body scrub with the mixture of castor/ olive oil with sugar granules once in a month.
- If you think that your skin needs extensive care then go for microdermabrasion peel. In 4-6 sittings your skin will be thoroughly cleansed.
- If you are not comfortable with the process of chemical peeling then you can always go for the natural masks which peel off all the gunk from your face. You can use bleach creams especially the once which comes with creams to use before and after the process.
d. Beauty tips for ordinary face problems
1. Acne and pimples:
People with colored skin tend to get effected most by acne and pimples. Acne blemishing causes inflammation which stimulates the process of skin pigmentation resulting in the excess production of melanin. Blemishing tends to leave dark spots on the skin and as colored people have higher level of melanin they suffer more.
2. Dark circles:
Lack of sleep can get you dark circles and swollen eyes. But there can be other factors too such as dehydration. People can get dark circles very easily when they grow older but now a day they can be seen on younger people as well. Bad diet, smoking and drinking alcohol worsen the matter.
3. Wrinkles and anti-aging:
With growing age, our skin loses its elasticity which becomes the cause of wrinkles and crow feet. It makes our skin looks hideous and also gives away our age. But this can be prevented by following these simple steps:
- Maintain Healthy diet
- Daily Cardio
- Avoid smoking
Stay tuned to Cosmo Derme Skin Treatment for more information and tips about how too look beautiful truly! you can also consult our dermatologists for your skin issues, we also provide laser resurfacing treatment with state of the art technology.